Wednesday, January 8, 2014

First Post from an Insecure Writer

 
This is my first post for the Insecure Writer’s Support Group!  I signed up last month but chose not to post since I wanted to read some of the other blogs first to see what it was all about.  I must say it was very interesting reading everyone’s thoughts.  Some really resonated with me, some not as much.  One made me feel even more insecure only because based on her website it seemed she was already a well-established author with a number of published titles under her belt.  How could she possibly be insecure with all of the success that she’s already had?  And here I am basically floundering still at square one?!!

Now I know everything is relative and after putting some more thought into her post I started to feel better about the whole thing.  I guess the takeaway message would be everyone gets insecure once in a while…. no matter where you are in the process…. and no matter what kind of success you’ve had.  At least that’s the message I am choosing to take home.  And it’s okay to feel insecure as long as we don’t let it push us over the edge towards failure.  Right?

On a much brighter not, I actually do not feel all that insecure today about my writing!!  It’s a miracle I know and it’s kind of strange that it coincides with IWSG day.  I think this is because I’ve had a positive upswing on the story I’ve been working on and for once I’m feeling good about where it’s going.  I know this will not last forever but for now I am enjoying the moment as I think we all should when that moment comes.  That’s what makes writing so wonderful.  At least it does for me.


Thank you IWSG for allowing me to be part of your group.  I wish everyone a good month ahead with lots of finished pages!

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when the stars align to make your story everything you were hoping it would be? Welcome to IWSG. Leanne ( http://readfaced.wordpress.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a good feeling when what you're writing takes an upward swing! Nice to 'meet' you through IWSG. I think it's quite heartening to know that even published writers have insecure moments! Writing is such a personal profession, I think we all feel exposed and insecure once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to IWSG. Congratulations on the writing taking an upswing. Good luck to you with your writing.

    Diane (http://a-creative-mind.com)

    ReplyDelete