IWSG and Time to Start a New Class!




Time for another post for the Insecure Writer's Support Group! This is a blog hop so please check out some of the other insecure writer's here.

First off, I want to apologize for not posting last month and also for not responding to all the comments left on my blog the month before! I really appreciate anyone stopping by especially when you take the time to leave a comment so if I didn’t respond to you personally I would like to say THANK YOU now!!!

I had some personal/non-writing related stuff to deal with in June so I just didn’t have the energy to put together a post for the IWSG. Everything has settled down now so hopefully I can get back to writing. On a positive note, I considered and explored everyone’s advice that was left for me back in May about signing up (or not signing up) for a writing class. Here’s my update: I actually signed up for a class! Well, it’s more of a workshop so I’m hoping it’s a good mix of instruction and critique group. We are specifically going to focus on our current WIP. Perfect. I start next week so I will definitely be sure to let everyone know how it goes!!

That’s it for now. Hopefully in August I’ll have some great news about the status of my story. I’m really pushing to have it completed so I can participate in this year’s WriteOnCon. Has anyone heard anything about a date for this? I’m guessing it’s in August…

In closing, here are some flowers we planted around our house this year! Well, except for the Bleeding Hearts. We saw those spring up and were pretty much floored. So pretty. Gardening is a new venture for us so we are learning as we go. (That means we've already had a couple of casualties. Oh well.)




Comments

  1. Hi Elizabeth! So nice to "meet" you through the IWSG. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    So cool that you found a writing class/critique group. I wish I could find something close to where I live, but I am looking forward to a SCBWI Writer's Conference near me in September. Good luck with the writing!

    By the way, I think your flowers are beautiful (despite your other casualties). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to "meet" you too! Good luck with the conference. I've never been to a writer's conference before so be sure to report back on how it is!

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard anything about Write on Con and wonder if it's happening. I just clicked on the link you provided and something funky came up about a virus scan; I would tread lightly! Too bad if it doesn't happen this year, I've found it of value the past few years.

    Not sure if you know about Brenda Drake's Pitch Wars coming up in August; you might be able to find a mentor to help with your manuscript (I just signed on as one of the mentors! (I do not get paid or anything, just to note I don't stand anything to gain other than work and critique experience)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much for mentioning Brenda Drake's Pitch Wars! I never heard of it before but I checked it out and now I am determined to submit my story. Phew. I have to do a lot of work before then but it's great to have a goal.

      Thanks again and good luck mentoring! I'm sure it will be interesting to be on the other side.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry June was difficult for you, but I'm glad things are better now. Good luck on your story!

    And I adore the Bleeding Heart picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind message! Those Bleeding Hearts were so stunning. Sadly, they only bloomed for a few weeks. I guess we have to appreciate things while they are here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bleeding hearts are gorgeous! Enjoy your writing class. I love writing classes and all of the exploration they entail. They really helped me improve my craft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kim! I hope the class turns out well too!

      Delete
  6. I love bleeding hearts! I wonder if they grow well here.. Hmm... Enjoy your writing class! That sounds awesome :)
    Visiting from IWSG,
    ~AJ from Naturally Sweet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even know what they were until we saw them sprout up in our garden! I just wish they bloomed longer. :) Thanks for the nice message! My class starts tomorrow and I am excited.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts