Thursday, December 4, 2014

WIP - DONE!

I haven't posted a true update in a while because honestly I've been so consumed with finishing my current work in progress.  I am happy to say... it is finished!  Well, at least the first draft.  But it is a very solid first draft.

I am debating submitting it to an editor for some feedback before getting all crazy and sending it out to agents.  (I am really tempted.)  But I'm going to practice some restraint and have someone else look at it first.  I already sent copies to some friends for review but I think this time around I'm going to have a professional take a look.

This book was so difficult for me but also so rewarding.  Who would have thought I would end up writing horror?  I'm the kind of girl who hates scary movies and can't sleep for days if I catch even a news story about a serial killer.  And then I go ahead and write something so disgusting and gruesome?  It's bizarre.  I guess I have a dark side I didn't know about.

I will post some sample chapters a little bit later on.  Right now, I'm going to start working on the dreaded query letter... ugh.

Speaking of scary, I'm going to end this post with my two little guys in their Halloween costumes: Dracula and T-Rex.  They just make me smile.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment