Saturday, March 28, 2015

Final Stretch and Preparing for AWP 2015

I am almost finished with my YA Gothic Horror novel.  Almost.  I've been working on it for the past year or so and it has undergone so many transformations it is mind-boggling. (Seriously, it started out as a MG Adventure.)  I thought I was finished earlier this year but then I realized it still needed some changes.  And so I am once again in the throes of revisions!

I keep asking myself... when is it ever over?  I've been working with a professional editor who has been amazing.  It really is shocking what someone outside of the process can see when you are eye-balls deep into the nitty gritty.  With each revision, I feel more confident with the story so I suppose that makes it all worth it.  Still, I am anxious to send it out to agents to see what sort of response I get.  I also know I shouldn't pull the trigger until it is the absolute best it can be.

In the meantime, I am preparing for my first AWP Conference.  It is coincidentally in Minneapolis so I figured I should check it out!  I'm not sure what to expect but I'm already dreading crowds and parking and traffic.  Plus I have to board my little dogs while I am away for the day.  But I am also getting really excited.  I'll be sure to post some photos of the conference once I'm there!

Here's a photo of me and boys in California.  We are ready for spring.  Honestly, Minnesota.  Any time now would be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment